Responsible Beverage Service Training (RBST) is available throughout the ASAC Service Area for both on and off premise alcohol retailers. TIPS® (Training for Intervention Procedures) is the global leader in education and training for the responsible service, sale, and consumption of alcohol. Proven effective by third-party studies, TIPS® is a skills-based training program that is designed to prevent intoxication, underage drinking, and drunk driving. ASAC promotes and offers the TIPS® program.
For a complete list of all the upcoming TIPS® trainings click here.
Wherever alcohol is sold, served or consumed, TIPS® offers concrete benefits for your establishment, staff and community:
- Minimized property damage caused by intoxicated patrons.
- Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations.
- Legal Protection – In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS® provides a “reasonable efforts defense.” Read more about Understanding Liability.
- Regulatory Compliance – TIPS® training satisfies the requirements in most states that regulate server training. View the regulations in your state.
- Insurance Discounts – May insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified. View the TIPS® verified Insurance Agencies.
- Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS® leads the way in framing the debates about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
- Help workers avoid serving alcohol to minors.
- Staff Professionalism – TIPS® training enhances the skills of your employees who in turn offer improved service to your customers.
- Reduce human tragedy resulting from drunkenness and drunk driving.
Cost for TIPS® service vary by county, based on available funding to support this initiative. To request an individual training for your business, please contact ASAC Prevention Services.