Every time a file is exchanged (leaves a counselor/clinical supervisor possession) an email will be sent and a Misc note (with the email copied and pasted into the note) will be entered in the patient’s IA-WITS file.
The email message will contain the following information:
- Where the file is going to be sent, why it is being sent there, and any problems or concerns with the file
- Note if there is an old file that will be coming with the new file. Include how many envelopes are included with the old file. If there is not an old file to be sent with the new file please note that as well
- Each email needs to be CC’d to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessments to Admits
The clinical supervisor will send an email to the receiving clinical supervisor and/or counselor (whichever is appropriate) letting them know that a file is assigned to them and that the paper file will be coming. This email will then be copied and pasted into a Misc Note in IA-WITS with the summary field stating “Sending File”
Assessments to Fileroom
Once the clinical supervisor has reviewed the file and determined that the file is appropriate to be sent to the file room a Misc Note will be posted into IA-WITS with the summary field stating “Sending File”. This information may also be included in the File Review Misc Note (for more information see the File Review Misc Note Procedure)
Admitted patient transferring to another component
- The sending Clinical Supervisor will email the receiving Clinical Supervisor and state that a file is being transferred to their component. This email will be posted a Misc Note into IA-WITS and the summary field will state “Sending File”.
- The receiving Clinical Supervisor will post a Misc Note into IA-WITS when the file has been received and has been assigned to a counselor. The summary field will state “Receiving File”. If the Clinical Supervisor is going to do a review of the file prior to giving it to the counselor than this information may be included in the File Review Misc Note (for more information see the File Review Misc Note Procedure)
Admitted patient is transferring to another counselor within their component
A Misc Note will be entered into IA-WITS from the Clinical Supervisor with the information on who the new counselor will be. The summary field will state “Sending File”.
Discharged file to the Fileroom
Once the Clinical Supervisor has reviewed the file and determined that the file is appropriate to be sent to the file room a Discharge Review Misc Note will be entered in IA-WITS, please note in this Misc Note that the file has been sent to the file room (for more information see the Discharge Review Misc Note Procedure).