Emerging Drug Trends Training
August 10, 2017 – 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Human Services Campus
2nd Floor Conference Room
317 7th Avenue SE,
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Participants will learn emerging drug trend information including specific drugs being abused as well as concealment techniques.
- Participants will learn steps in working to prevent substance use in their communities
About the Trainers:
Erin Foster, ASAC Linn County Prevention Director
Erin received her Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Iowa. She started as a Prevention Specialist at ASAC in July of 2007 and became the Linn County Prevention Director in March of 2012. Erin enjoys the time she gets to spend training on how substances have a large impact in the health and safety of a community.
Curt Wheeler, ASAC Prevention Specialist
Curt received his Bachelor’s Degree from Mt. Mercy University and has been working with youth and families for over 20 years. He has been an ASAC Prevention Specialist since November of 2011. Curt believes in strong community partnerships to address many of the problems facing our youth, offering viewpoints as a professional and as a parent of two boys.
- 8:00-8:30: Registration
- 8:30-8:45: Welcome and Introductions
- 8:45-9:15: Iowa Youth Survey & Other Trend Information
- 9:15-10:15: Marijuana Information
- 10:15-10:30: Break
- 10:30-11:30: Opioid Information
- 11:30-12:00: Lunch
- 12:00-1:00: Medication Abuse
- 1:00-2:00: Other Emerging Drugs
- 2:00-2:15: Break
- 2:15-3:15: Concealment Techniques
- 3:15-3:30: Evaluation & Wrap Up
Human Services Campus, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 317 7th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
6.0 CEUs will be requested from the Iowa Board of Certification.
$60 and will cover participant materials, lunch, and CEUs.
Please REGISTER ONLINE by August 1, 2017
Maximum of 80 participants.