ASAC welcomes Dr. Kevin Sabet, Director of the Drug Policy Institute at the University of Florida, to share information with our communities on April 1, 2014 regarding “Smart Approaches to Marijuana”. His message will help participants:
• Discover a “Smart Approach to Marijuana” that neither legalizes, nor demonizes, marijuana.
• Have an honest conversation about reducing unintended consequences of current marijuana policies, such as lifelong stigma due to arrest.
• Identify smart policies that decrease marijuana use while promoting research on marijuana in order to obtain FDA-approved, pharmacy-dispensed, cannabis-based medications.
The building that houses the ASAC’s youngest residents needs to be converted into a structure that provides a therapeutic environment and safeguards the troubled teens we serve. ASAC’s youth residential treatment program, CD+, is located on ASAC’s main campus; 3601 16th Avenue SW in Cedar Rapids Iowa. In 1986 ASAC purchased the Twin Poplar Motel and renovated into a substance abuse treatment facility. The CD+ program is located on the second floor of ASAC’s main building.
King House, located in Clinton, Iowa, is in need of:
1. Good condition twin-size sheets
2. Good condition blankets or quilts
3. Bureau dressers or chest of drawers, any size
4. Free-standing closets and/or armoire
5. Lamps of any size (in working condition)
If you are near the Clinton area and have any of these items to donate, please email us at email@example.com.
You can also get more information on our How to Help page.
For help with Drug or Alcohol Problems...
Call our main office at (319) 390-4611, or any of our counseling locations in Linn, Benton, Jones, Jackson, and Clinton counties and ask to talk to a counselor. Our family therapists are available to discuss the various treatment options with you. There is no charge for a phone consultation and any information shared is strictly confidential.
After office hours call 1-800-332-4224, Foundation 2 Crisis Center, offering telephone counseling and crisis intervention for the state of Iowa.